Thursday, September 20, 2007

Why I'm starting this blog

Let me first introduce myself. I'm a mom with a toddler. Before I had my baby, I was a young professional in the software business. My future was bright. I kept getting promotions and raises, making pretty good money for someone that age. While enjoying my success, I had always known that I wanted to be a mom.

Then I got pregnant and became a mom. Pregnancy went smoothly, but the reality of having a newborn kicked in the minute I gave birth. My baby was pretty high maintenance. He was colicky and never wants (even now) to leave mommy. While my plan was to go back after my extended 5 months maternity leave, it was obvious that my son would not thrive if I did so. Okay, he probably would be fine, but I couldn't stand seeing that cute little face cry because I have to go back to work.

We saved up enough money so that we will be fine even on one income for a while. After months of being home, I'm starting to feel a bit useless. Yes I am a housewife and a mom, raising a child, but I can't help but feel a little empty. I need something else to keep me busy, and something that I can say that I've achieved. Going back to work is certainly one option but I have no idea how marketable I'll be when I am finally ready to go back to work.

So let's be honest. I want to be able to stay home, make money and spend as much time with my baby as possible instead of shipping him to daycare. I'm in many mommy network. I guess I'm not the only one who feels this way. A lot of my mommy friends are starting their own business. I don't know if I'll ever come up with that brilliant million dollar idea. And before I do that, I'll focus on educating myself something that should help me make more money one day.

The first thing that I know I should be learning is on investment. I'm tired of saving all my money in the bank because I don't know how to invest properly. I will go through books, websites and blog whatever I've learned. Hope you will enjoy my journey as well.

So investment 101, here I come. Let's start with the stock market.

No comments: