Friday, September 21, 2007

Is everything from China bad?

I just saw a news article about Simplicity and Graco cribs from China are being recalled. What the hell is going on with all these recalls? And why are they all made in China? I'm having a hard time deciding whether Chinese manufacturers have poor quality control or the country is being targeted for bad press.

I mean, let's face it, what isn't made in China? If you subscribe to Parenting magazine like I do, you will see plenty of recalls in every month's issue. When has the "Made in China" tag become almost equivalent to saying something is unsafe? Look at cnn.com. The link to the article about these cribs is Chinese-made cribs being recalled. Shouldn't it be Grace and Simplicity cribs being recalled? While China is definitely responsible for the hazard, so are Graco and Simplicity!

It's like saying you use Windows operating system, it crashes all the time. It turns out that the program that keeps breaking is written by engineers in India. Instead of saying Microsoft has poor quality control, people say India has bad programmers. It doesn't really make too much sense, right?

My sister thinks this is all part of the trading war that's going on between China and United States. It can very well be. I just hope I don't hear about these kinds of recalls again.

No comments: