Monday, October 27, 2008

Fish Congee

I have no idea how it happened, but I copied a fish congee recipe for myself that I found online and somehow her entire post got here. I was going to modify it to my likings but I guess my modifications didn't make it here. Woops. Sorry to whoever that post was from. Anyways, here is a fish congee recipe that I made the other day that was really easy to make. Let's try this again.

Ingredients

1.5 cup of rice

1 slice of ginger

1 big fillet of cod), cut into cubes

salt

2 scallion

2 small bok choy, rough chopped

Marinate for fish

1-2 tbsp oysters sauce

1 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp seasame oil

0.5 tsp white pepper

Method

1. Marinade fish.

2. Add rice and water as instructed on the the rice cooker for porridge level. Let porridge cook.

3. When porridge is finished (mine was too watery to eat then. Add the rest of the ingredients.

4. I know this is weird, but I turned the quick cooking setting on for my cooker. It cooks the rest of the ingredients and cook the rice some more to be of better consistency. It cooks for about another half and hour and that's all it takes to make congee!

No comments: